Tuesday, January 6, 2009

This thing called a Rule 43

So I filed for this thing called a rule 43 (The Rule 43 application in the High Court (or Rule 32 in the Divorce Court) is a quick and relatively inexpensive way to get interim orders for custody, guardianship, maintenance and help with legal costs, when the case is defended and the trial is still a long way away) and the date is drawing nearer.

Suppose it has something to do with the anxuiousness being felt. The last couple of months opened my eyes to the extent of Gender Bias in terms of divorce and what I perceive to be the minimal rights I have over my own children.

So, I guess I'm somewhat scared that someone out there is going to say that I do not have enough grounds to have custody... these thoughts to some degree can become overwhelming.

I often have to remind myself, and I do this be reading through all the evidance I have accumulated over the last year, the reason why I am doing this. It is important to stay positive and remain focussed on the ultimate goal. The more the uncertainties creep in, the more insecure one can become and taking on a challenge as fighting for custody, means you have to be 100% secure in your reasons.

I have created the possibility of having my children live with me full time... it is up to me to go out and now prove that it is in their best interest to present my case. I need to present my case with sincerity and integrity. I need to present this void of all anger and believe that my reasons are sincere...

Again, my support structure has been a tremendous help and I urge you all to have a strong support structure... times get tough and your support can be your saving grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment