Monday, December 29, 2008

We are not alone...

Been on various forums where divorce is the topic of conversation and the more I read these bits and pieces of people’s lives, one can’t help but see a familiar pattern brewing.

There is this anger period, you feel so much anger that you tend to take it out on those who actually care about you. Then you start to think what was wrong with me, what have I done to deserve this, was I not good enough? You think of the years you’ve “wasted" with this “life partner”. Then you start to let go of the anger and you start to realise you not totally responsible for things going wrong. You have a court case in between; you have confused children who don’t understand why their mommy and daddy don’t live in the same house anymore.

Then you start to see, in time, that you’ve been given a second chance in life. You can start over. Even though it’s not easy, you are lucky to be given this new slate in your life.

There is happiness after divorce. There is a new life to be lived.

I have grown so much due to this experience that I’ve endured. It’s been tough, but it has made me tougher! I hope that everyone will learn from their experiences and that they too will become tougher and appreciate this opportunity of a new life!

No comments:

Post a Comment